The municipality of the RM of Rudy #284 was incorporated December 13, 1909. The first meeting took place on Dec 15, 1909. The first office was located on the corner of King Street and Wilkinson Avenue in Broderick. The RM office relocated to Outlook in 1976 and later moved to the Outlook Town Office Building in 1996. In March of 2001, we became a Joint Administration Office with the Town of Outlook.
The RM of Rudy was named in honour of Mr. Nels Rudy, a kindly merchant who operated a general store and post office in the area for many years. A ferry crossing the river near his store was also called “The Rudy Ferry”. The RM of Rudy had one of the largest Norwegian settlements in North America. Immigrants from Czechoslovakia, Scotland, England and other European countries also settled in the area. The area saw a significant increase in population after the Canadian Pacific Railroad was built in the area starting in 1910. CPR’s construction of the high-level bridge crossing the South Saskatchewan River at Outlook in 1912 had a major impact on travel and economic development in the area and for Western Canada.
CEMETERIES LOCATED IN THE RM OF RUDY & DISTRICT
Bethania Norwegian Lutheran SE 04-31-07 W3M
Broderick – St. Peter & Paul Memorial SW 21-29-07 W3M
Glenside NE 08-29-06 W3M
Green Valley Lutheran NW 34-27-07 W3M
John Hus United SE 26-28-07 W3M
Outlook NE 21-29-08 W3M
Saskatchewan River Lutheran NW 20-30-07 W3M
Spring Creek Lutheran NE 09-31-06 W3M