The municipality of the RM of Rudy #284 was incorporated December
13, 1909. The first meeting took place on Dec 15, 1909. The first
office was located on the corner of King Street and Wilkinson
Ave in Broderick. The RM office relocated to Outlook in 1976
and later moved to the Outlook Town Office Building in 1996.
In March of 2001, we became a Joint Administration Office with
the Town of Outlook.
RM of Rudy was named in honour of Mr. Nels Rudy, a kindly
merchant who operated a general store and post office in the
area for many years. A ferry crossing the river near his store
was also called “The Rudy Ferry”. The RM of Rudy
had one of the largest Norwegian settlements in North America.
Immigrants from Czechoslovakia, Scotland, England and other European
countries also settled in the area. The area saw a significant
increase in population after the Canadian Pacific Railroad was
built in the area starting in 1910. CPR’s construction
of the high-level bridge crossing the South Saskatchewan River
at Outlook in 1912 had a major impact on travel and economic
development in the area and for Western Canada.
CEMETERIES LOCATED IN THE RM OF RUDY & DISTRICT